Today has been a long and hard day. I had to take my Mum to hospital because she needed to have a bone scan. She has been having problems with her neck recently, this compounded with the MS has left her being not very well at all. The plan for today was that I would drive her and my Dad to the hospital with my Dad sitting behind her, trying to hold her steady. I would have felt much happier if they had decided to go there by ambulance, but they had decided to go like that and I wasn't gonna add any more stresses by arguing with my Dad. Anyway, the journey there wasn't as bad as I was expecting, she'd taken some codine before we left and that seemed to be relieving her from pain. When we got to the clinic she was seen almost immediately. This was the first of two trips we would have to make. This first one was to give her an injection and then 4 hours later we would return and they would scan her bones. When they came out from the first injection and we returned home she seemed much happier. I drove them back home and then returned to work for a bit. I was gonna collect them again at 1.30pm....thank God I have a good boss.
When we got back to the hospital this time she seemed to be in more pain so Dad gave her another codine in the car park and then we went back to the clinic. We got there around 2.15pm but although there was no one else waiting she didn't go through to the scan until 2.45. That half an hour was horrible. It was obvious she was in a lot of pain and couldn't get comfortable. At one point she started crying bless her heart, it was terrible. I went up to the reception desk and asked the boy there if there was anything he could do, he rushed off to see if he could find someone who might be able to help. In the mean time Dad had given her another codine. Then the boy returned and said he had found a bed where she could lie down, but at the same time the doctor came through and said they were ready to do the scan. I was a bit relieved then, I knew she'd be ok with the doctors. I went to the shops and bought her some cakes and chocolates and by the time I got back they were just coming out. She looked ok which was a relief. At last we could go home! Going home was a bit of a nightmare as it was rush hour.
So far there is no idea what is wrong with her neck although I think the doctor thinks that it is connected with her breast cancer from 3 years ago. So I think there are more horrible times ahead. But at least today is now over and I can go to bed, I'm knackered.
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment