Sunday, June 25, 2006

May Ball

On Wednesday night/Thursday morning I worked at the Sidney Sussex May Ball. It was a nightmare! The Ball itself was lovely, but working wasn't. We started off doing the meal, that was fine, all the students looked sexy and they were all friendly and happy too. I was enjoying this part. The meal went on until about midnight by which time the rest of the students who weren't dining arrived. 2000 of them! I was then sent over to the bbq where for the next 4 hours I served beef steaks followed at 3.30am by bacon (breakfast). It was horrible. I'm sooo glad I only said I'd do one May Ball. I very nearly did the Trinity one, thank God I didn't. I will stick with the normal 3 hour affairs from now on I think. Still, at least I made some extra cash for the Gran Canaria trip. I lost count of the number of times during the Ball that I kept reassuring myself that this would all translate to cocktails on the beach in Gran Canaria, but it was probably 20 million.

No comments: