Saturday, May 19, 2007

Granada

I went back to Granada last week to spend a few days with Antonio, I flew out on Thursday afternoon and came back on Tuesday afternoon, so it was a nice long weekend. On the Sunday he had to go back to Manresa as he was back to work on Monday, so we flew to Barcelona on Sunday afternoon. And it meant I had a nice day on Monday shopping in Barcelona :)

When I arrived at Granada airport, it was about 9.30 in the evening, it was so lovely and warm, with a perfectly blue sky with Venus blazing down in the west; it was a perfect moment :) I was collected from the airport by Antonio and his friend Vicente. Granada city centre is only about a 20 min journey from the airport, so we were soon in a typical spanish bar drinking cervezas and trying strange (for me) tapas. One thing that I found out talking to Vicente is that there is a gay town in Andalusia, Torremolinos. I can remember hearing about this place years ago as the destination of loads of brits on cheap package tours, but reading on Wikipedia it says that all the 'straight' clubs have now gone. It's a place I'm definately going to have to visit ;)

Anyways, I need to go and do some shopping, here's a picture I took of the Alhambra, looking nice and green in late spring.

No comments: