The weather has been so nice here the last few days that during my lunch hour I have gone on some bikerides and revisited places where I used to play when I was a child. This picture here is of one of my most favourite ones, as 10-year-olds we used to call it 'the muck-around place' lol!


We used to build dams across it, fish for sticklebacks and just generally mess around in it. It's actually the water that ultimately supplies Hobson's Conduit, that runs through the centre of Cambridge, and I think I can remember at school the taught us that this stream itself originates in Colchester, but I'm not 100% sure of this. Anyway, it used to be a fab place to play and me my brother and our friends spent hours and hours here during the summer holidays all the years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment