Saturday, June 25, 2005

He Swears...

Last night was fab, was absolutely slaughtered though lol! And I had to walk home from the train station in Ely to my house, which is 3Km! I was feeling very sick on the train, thank goodness for relativity, the journey only seemed to take 30 seconds lol! Tracey can certainly outdrink me though, the last two pubs I was on halves while she was still on pints. This evening I am going to a birthday party in Ipswich which should be fun. Also this afternoon I'm going round to see a friend's new house, she has an honoury room for me there and she says it lush hmmmm I'm gonna live like a queen.

I'm not feeling too bad at all this morning after the drinking, here's a nice little poem to end my post. It's such a naughty little poem, I love it. It's by Cavafy, so I'm sure Stevette has the oringinal Greek....

He Swears

Every so often he swears to start a finer life.
But when night comes with its own counsels,
its compromises, and its promises;
but when night comes with its own vigour
of the body, craving and seeking, he returns,
forlorn, to the same fatal joy.

;-)

No comments: